DRILLING AND BORING
Drilling and boring are the essential processes of machine component manufacturing. Drilling used to create hole with specific measurements and boring used to enlarge that hole by removing surface materials.
It is the process that involves selection of the proper twist drill or cutter for the job. It requires adequate installment of the drill into the machine spindle, at an appropriate speed and feed.
The drilling is the process that involves selection of the proper twist drill or cutter for the job. It requires adequate instalment of the drill into the machine spindle, at an appropriate speed and feed. It prepares the hole on centre within the prescribed tolerance. Tolerance is the allowable deviation from standard size.
Factors affecting the drilling process
- Size of the twist drill
- The accuracy of the drill point
- Measurement of the machine chuck and sleeve
- Accuracy and rigidity of the drilling machine spindle
- The stiffness of the entire drilling machine
- The rigidity of the workpiece and setup
Types of Drills
A drill is a rotary-end cutting tool having one or more cutting edges. One or more straight or helical grooves or flutes for the exit of chips and cutting fluids or coolants. The most common drills are as follows:
There is a wide range of drilling machines including hand-help portable drills to multiple spindle heads. There are three main types of drilling machines as the sensitive drill (for light drilling on small parts), the upright drill press (for heavy-duty drilling), and the radial drill press (for drilling large, heavy workpieces).
We serve many types of drilling such as
- Based on construction – Portable, Sensitive or bench drilling machine Radial, up-right, Gang, Multi-spindle Automatic Turret Deep hole
- Based on Feed – Hand and Power-driven Portable drilling machine
We perform the enlargement and truing of a hole by eliminating material from internal surfaces with a single point cutting tool. Boring is mainly used to achieve superior accuracy to get the perfect diameter of a hole and can be used to cut a pointed hole.
We carry out this by using two methods
- Mounting the holder and boring toolbar with cutter bit on the tool post and revolving the workpiece.
- Mounting the workpiece in a fixed position to the carriage and revolving the boring tool bar and cutter bit in a chuck attached to the headstock spindle.
Types of boring machines
We are using these boring machines
- Horizontal boring machine
1. Table type HBM
2. Planer type HBM
3. Floor type HBM
- Vertical boring machine
- Jig boring machine